Author Topic: what is a good atv friendly camp grounds  (Read 6895 times)

Offline srbjmw

• View Profile
    • http://
what is a good atv friendly camp grounds
« on: July 16, 2007, 09:29:47 PM »
any one have a great campground to stay at that is atv friendly and close or on the trail ? justy bought a new toy hauler. any suggestions welcome thanks

Offline skippydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:13:51 PM »
any one have a great campground to stay at that is atv friendly and close or on the trail ? justy bought a new toy hauler. any suggestions welcome thanks
[snapback]1167[/snapback]

In Martinsburg their is a Town park and Camping grounds that you can ride your wheeler out of to get to the trails. You can camp for free (Donation for park is acepeted)and ride the TUG.(Witterker Park)

Offline srbjmw

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:15:38 AM »
In Martinsburg their is a Town park and Camping grounds that you can ride your wheeler out of to get to the trails. You can camp for free (Donation for park is acepeted)and ride the TUG.(Witterker Park)
[snapback]1168[/snapback]

i assume it is just for dry camping? thanks again

Offline CATF6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
The roads from the Park are not open to ATV's and you would have to offload at Timberview or Marty's
In Barnes corners you will find Tuggers. They have a camp ground that you can ride from.  They have a good food and acxross the street you can purchase fuel
   We will be having a benefit ride this weekend and Tuggers is one of the sign in points and we will draw cards at Marty's between 3 to 5.

Offline Tug Hill Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 06:31:44 AM »
First couple of sites on the left when you drive in at Tuggers have full hook up, if I remember correctly. I backed a 31' Class C with a trailer with 3 atv's on it with no problem and had plenty of room so you should also. The problem started after I left because we liked the area enough to buy property with a camp on the Hill, and now our motorhome is for sale because it hasn't been out since. Good luck with which ever campground you choose.