Author Topic: trails  (Read 6629 times)

Offline army ranger

• View Profile
trails
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:10:06 PM »
I just got off the absolute web site and there saying alot of the trails are closeing for good because of riders not staing on the trail, i am from Sullivan County and enjoy rideing at the Tug, but how much damage does a snowmobile or snowmobiles cause to the farmers fields? I know that there is alot more traffic there then here, but perhaps if the groomers brought more snow on the trail from the fields, snowmobiles would stay on the trail. There has to be some kind of way to keep these trails open?

Offline tughiller99

• View Profile
trails
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 08:27:47 AM »
Went up early this morning.  I would say that the season is over for this year.  trails were chewed right up.  It is going to be nearly 60 today and for the next two days.  Wasn't much of a season this year,  each year it seems to get shorter and shorter.  And each year less enjoyable.  Maybe some of these businesses that are for sale will have new owners and will breath new life into the tug hill region for next year.  I also heard that the run for next week will be canceled, anyone know for sure???

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
trails
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 01:58:31 PM »
I just got off the absolute web site and there saying alot of the trails are closeing for good because of riders not staing on the trail, i am from Sullivan County and enjoy rideing at the Tug, but how much damage does a snowmobile or snowmobiles cause to the farmers fields? I know that there is alot more traffic there then here, but perhaps if the groomers brought more snow on the trail from the fields, snowmobiles would stay on the trail. There has to be some kind of way to keep these trails open?
[snapback]75[/snapback]

It's not a matter of damage... it's the courtesy to the landowner who allows a trail on their property to stay in the area they have allowed the trail to cross. When a club gets permission from a landowner to have a trail it is in a very specific area of the property.
Lot's of landowners let the club know in no uncertain terms to keep the sleds in the specified area or the trail will be closed. You don't drive across peoples lawns with your car or truck do you? Maybe you do but most people keep it between the curbs on the road where they belong.

Same thing applies with trails, stay between the markers where you belong and the trails stay. Ride outside the markers and the trails get shut down. End of Story.

I don't see what some people have such a hard time understanding!

If someone does not want to ride a specific area of a field for instance because it is beat down and muddy they need to stay home or find another route to get where they are going.