Author Topic: sullivan county  (Read 12130 times)

Offline army ranger

• View Profile
sullivan county
« on: November 02, 2006, 09:14:16 AM »
I know that most people that read this, are looking for info on Tug Hill. I just wanted to say that if you are down here in Sullivan County we usually get are own fair share of snow. Are trails are not as wide as on the Tug, but you can go almost anywhere you want to. For the folks that like going to bars we have at least three that are fairly easy to get to. The trail systems have been updated with bridges this past summer, but there are a few small stream crossings left to cover. If your down this way, drop your trailer off at Nina's Bar in Lochsheldrake NY and you can ride all day. Nothing beats the snow up on the Tug, but nothing beats the welcome you get in the resteraunts and bars like here. They charge nothing for parking your vehicles in the parking lot at Nina's.

I enjoy going to the Tug, just wanted to let some of the folks that are driveing the three to five hours to the Tug about us here.

Offline Shelley

• View Profile
    • http://
sullivan county
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:30:28 PM »
Are any of those trails open to 4 wheelers in the summer?

Offline army ranger

• View Profile
sullivan county
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:20:46 AM »
The trails are not ATV friendly. Most property owners are very shy of ATV's. The state trails are not open to ATV use at all. The state trails are patrolled by the DEC, and Forest Rangers. Most of the other trails are used by ATV's, you just have to use common sense as not to tick off the property owner. For the most part if you stay on the trail you will be ok.

Offline PaulC

• View Profile
sullivan county
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 02:55:03 PM »
I know that most people that read this, are looking for info on Tug Hill. I just wanted to say that if you are down here in Sullivan County we usually get are own fair share of snow. Are trails are not as wide as on the Tug, but you can go almost anywhere you want to. For the folks that like going to bars we have at least three that are fairly easy to get to. The trail systems have been updated with bridges this past summer, but there are a few small stream crossings left to cover. If your down this way, drop your trailer off at Nina's Bar in Lochsheldrake NY and you can ride all day. Nothing beats the snow up on the Tug, but nothing beats the welcome you get in the resteraunts and bars like here. They charge nothing for parking your vehicles in the parking lot at Nina's.
   I enjoy going to the Tug, just wanted to let some of the folks that are driveing the three to five hours to the Tug about us here.
[snapback]457[/snapback]

Offline jimmytech

• View Profile
sullivan county
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »
Were is Sullivan County in comparison to Tug Hill and Oswego County?

Offline Tug Hill Rider

• View Profile
sullivan county
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 10:47:18 PM »
Were is Sullivan County in comparison to Tug Hill and Oswego County?
[snapback]498[/snapback]

About 2 or so hours south east of Tug Hill, off of Route 17.

Offline winterx700

• View Profile
    • http://
sullivan county
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 09:38:13 PM »
Yea, When they get snow. The last few years have been a bust. Trails are like harescramble for sleds!  <_<
I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.

Offline catskillfirecat

• View Profile
sullivan county
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 08:34:06 AM »
delete
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:26:07 AM by catskillfirecat »

Offline TRAILRIPPER

• View Profile
Re: sullivan county
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:54:07 AM »
YA JUST WHAT WE NEED MORE PEPOLE ON THESE BACK WOOD TRAILS RIPPIN AROUND WITH A BELLY FULL OF BEER,I LIVE HERE AND THESE TRAILS JUST GET THE EDGE OFF UNTILL I CAN GO WHERE THERE IS A REAL MAINTANCE AND PEOPLE INVOLED IN THE UPKEEP FOR THEM.
IVE TRIED TO GET LOCALS TO HELP ON THE UP KEEP OF OUR LOCAL TRAILS AND IT JUST SEEMS NO ONE CARES.....UNTILL THAT HAPPINS NO ONE IS GOING TO WANT TO STOP AND UNLOAD AT A BAR AND SIT THERE UNTIL ITS TIME TO LOAD UP AND GO SOME WHERE THAT THEY CAN REAL RIDE.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THESE TRAILS IN BETTER SHAPE BUT IT TAKES TIME AND EFFERT FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO RIDE HERE .I WONT GET DONE SITTING ON THE COUCH OR A BAR STOOL/