Author Topic: trails closed  (Read 11404 times)

Offline 499suzuki2

• View Profile
trails closed
« on: October 12, 2006, 09:43:31 PM »
I'm sorry to report that, (due to riders venturing off trails and damaging fields, crops) that a large group of landowners on the eastern side of tug hill have decided not to allow their land to be used for sled trails. In the last few years there have been too many riders that dont stay where theyre suppossed to be and end up going off trail and angering those that lend their land for our sport. Even though most of us do stay on the trails, this just goes to show how a few bad apples can ruin everything.  
   As of now, Brantingham, Stillwater, Lyons Falls and Old Forge are cut off from the Tug Hill system save going all the way down towards boonville. Now, hopefully things may change, but its not looking good as of now, so this is just a reminder, if you see someone going off the trail, make sure you're the one that says something.

Offline 06450

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 07:14:40 PM »
what are u talkign about so far same trials still open as always, and a new trail. A trail was closed last year and now their is a way around their. I dont no as of right now what your talking about. Lol

Offline 499suzuki2

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:08:33 PM »
Well, I hate to be the one to tell ya bud, but this is whats happening. Those trails are closed,that is unless they have renegotiated a new deal with clubs within the last week or so. I live on Tug Hill and (most of the time) I know whats happening, especially considering I know several of the farmers' whose land this concerns.

Offline army ranger

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 11:28:13 AM »
Well, I hate to be the one to tell ya bud, but this is whats happening. Those trails are closed,that is unless they have renegotiated a new deal with clubs within the last week or so. I live on Tug Hill and (most of the time) I know whats happening, especially considering I know several of the farmers' whose land this concerns.
[snapback]442[/snapback]
What is the status of thr trail system as of now? Are the trails still closed?

Offline 06450

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:42:58 PM »
n im up their most weekends talking to the bar owners n club owners....

Offline The Lake Effect Inn

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 11:05:16 AM »
Just a note
Last week in our local paper they discussed the opening of a trail system that will allow riders to tour the tug and ride to the adirondacks, old forge etc.  if you guys wanna ride there is no place like tug hill!!! I own the lake effect inn in boylston new york, we are now open, this place has been closed for two seasons, spread the word for me if you would, you can find us on the map of tug hill and oswego county. Thanks!!

Offline Phantom

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 04:28:37 PM »
Just a note
Last week in our local paper they discussed the opening of a trail system that will allow riders to tour the tug and ride to the adirondacks, old forge etc.  if you guys wanna ride there is no place like tug hill!!! I own the lake effect inn in boylston new york, we are now open, this place has been closed for two seasons, spread the word for me if you would, you can find us on the map of tug hill and oswego county. Thanks!!
[snapback]462[/snapback]

Congrats on getting the LEI re-opened!
Will you have fuel? Food?

Offline JZO

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 08:10:17 PM »
Lake Effect Inn

Do you plan on being open year round and if so  what is your plan to get ATV's from Barnes Corners over to your area?

Offline 06450

• View Profile
trails closed
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 08:19:14 PM »
o yea in response again to the original post, still dont no what your talking babout or where u got your info, still nothing at all closed that wasnt last year, stuff has been opened back up though. Unless i just really dont no what youre talking about like the location.