Author Topic: Trail Report  (Read 9350 times)

Offline CATF6

• View Profile
Trail Report
« on: January 29, 2006, 07:37:41 AM »
We started (Saturday) out from the Trailhead in West Carthage and headed for Copenhagen. With the limited amount of snow the trails had been in good shape. Once we crossed route 12 and headed form Barnes Cornes (C5) the trail was excellent shape and the ride was great. After a short break at Tuggers we made our way (C5) (S57) (C5A) over to Tug Hill Inn. From the Tug Hill Inn we picked up the Olin Road (C5D) over to Flat Rock Road (C5A) to the Flat Rock Inn. From there we headed to Martys Centerville road (C5A), Graves road (C5G), and the Houseville Gulf road (C5A). As you can see we traveled on the back loops, which had been in excellent shape. We had completed this ride prior to 1030 AM.
We left Martys a little pas noon and the Trails had started to go down hill. Mainly caused by the weather conditions and large volume of Sleds. We made our way over to rout 177. Once we crossed 177 the Trails (C5B) (C5) are POOR all the ways back to West Carthage.

I would like to thank all the Groomer Operators for all the hard work in working the Trails with the lack of snow and poor weather conditions.  THANKS

Offline osceolacabin

• View Profile
Trail Report
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:06:27 PM »
Good report CF6, we must have crossed paths sometime on Saturday.  We ran from OSC up on C5 past Tuggers into Copenhagen...down the backside into the "land of the wind mills" to C'ville Q&E then to the lower hill back into OSC.  All the clubs big thumbs up, with the exception of Valley.  That section of the trail system  :angry: .

The trails are shot, hit the wall for the most part late Saturday afternoon early evening.  I saw the OSC groomer out @ 7 AM and back thru @ 10:30AM just before we left today.  Very little snow, mostly dirt/rock...not worth the effort.  I haven't seen the weather report for the week, they need a solid 12" to bring that  :D back.